DATE: December 2019
FROM: Antoinette Manuel
POSITION TITLE: Family Navigator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Parent Educator Supervisor, and the general direction of the Program Manager, the Family Navigator provides parent education, developmental information and family support program enrollment services, assessment, resource and referral services, scheduling and coordinating visits/meetings, case management services to parents through personal home visits to promote the healthy development of children from pregnancy through age one.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personal home visits to families on assigned caseload
- Provide case management to assigned clients on an on-going basis; monitor and document treatment, services, and plan activity goals and strategies, provide linkage to other internal and/or community services and resources, conduct visits, and monitor and assess client status on an on-going basis.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments and screen clients to assist in determining eligibility for service programs and to assess client needs for appropriate services and referrals to effectively meet client needs.
- Coordinates and conducts intake interviews.
- Collects and maintains accurate client data and assists with enrollment into appropriate programs such as recommended KidsFirst therapeutic interventions and classes or Cal-Fresh, MediCal or other basic needs.
- Administers assessment tools to facilitate effective service delivery in accordance with client needs, program and contract specifications.
- Develops case plans and establishes goals and objectives with client, as appropriate.
- Participate in and contribute to agency and community networking/referral system; evaluate clients’ needs relative to appropriate program referrals, maintain contact with contract providers and community based organizations to ensure accuracy and fidelity of service referrals to ensure client needs are met in a successful manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sit for 6-8 hours at a time, kneeling, squatting, standing and bending
- Typing and computer work
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Drive a personal vehicle to home visits
- Command of the English language
- Good judgment
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred in early child development, human services, sociology, social work, substance use or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the same field of service similar to case management, human service, or social work, early child development, substance use disorders.
- Able to obtain life-safety and CPR certification after employment.
- Experience working with substance use disorders required.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to receive supervision and work independently, problem solve, exercise good judgement and be solution-oriented.
- Knowledge and skill working with diverse populations.
- Display a positive, outgoing and flexible professional demeanor and be resourceful, non-judgmental and tactful in dealing with both children and adults.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents or community.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to perform CPR and First Aid.
- Advocate and Support Mission, Vision, and Core Values of KidsFirst.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Ability to pass TB Test and background check/fingerprint clearance.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, provide own transportation, proof of liability insurance and have a clean DMV report.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Depending on experience; Non-exempt position.
SUBMIT RESUME: Human Resources Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Auburn and as needed in Roseville
SALARY : Depending on Experience; Benefits package includes health, supplemental health, dental, vision and life insurance, Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, plus 14 paid holidays per year. We also offer a voluntary retirement package and voluntary benefits with Aflac and Legal Shield; Non-exempt position.
KidsFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Smoke Free/Drug Free Work Environment